Sunday, September 17, 2017

Love wins! Or so I thought.

Back in January I ventured out to post 365 days of love and it only took a month before I fell off the wagon. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I wasn't feeling the love anymore.

It could have been something someone said or did.
It could have been something I felt or assumed.
It could have been nothing.

Nevertheless, I let it go and ignored it. I allowed "it" to get in the way of my attitude. How often do we set out to make good and someone else messes up our plan? How often do we have good intention and someone else comes in with negativity?

It always gets me when I allow someone else to ruin my day or affect my attitude for no reason. But if I had been focused on others rather than myself, I wouldn't have let it get to me. I wouldn't have quit on love.

Sometimes we have to push through our own insecurities to let love win. What is getting at you today? Move on, you be you, and let your love affect others rather than letting them affect you.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment