Friday, January 13, 2017

It's God's Plan, Not Mine #loveproject365

13/365 #loveproject365





















I love when I feel I have accomplished much and this week was one of those weeks. I started back on Monday with a complete overwhelming sense of "oh my, what have I signed up for this time?" This semester, I have taken on a few more things but all moving towards a direction I believe God is leading me. In my lifetime, I have never settled and am always looking for something new and exciting. Teaching has provided me so much of this and I am grateful for the opportunities it has allowed me to tackle. From the classroom to leadership to running a summer camp for young writers, I have enjoyed so many aspects of my career.

Sometimes the days get long and I have a hard time figuring out why I do what I do. But then the reality of those around me who struggle for work and finding a job they enjoy hits me. I am so lucky to have a support group encouraging me when I feel inadequate or ineffective in my role as a teacher.

This week, I went from teaching online to meeting with an awesome group of leaders on my campus to finding myself in a room full of college writing professors, one of which was a graduate from the very school in which I teach, and one who had come to observe my classroom on an earlier occasion. The world is big, but in some ways, so very small.

No matter your career or life goals, make the best of every opportunity. God has lead me to the very place I am today building on what he has created me to be. Connecting with others professionally and personally keeps us grounded in what we do and reminds us that our purpose is one guided by a God who knows us better than we know ourselves.

"The purpose of a person's heart are deep waters, but one who has insight draws them out."
 Proverbs 20:5

No comments:

Post a Comment